Aquatic centers and amusement parks have always been a favorite attraction in the summer. Since its introduction in the 1940s, this theme park destination has provided amusement and enjoyment for young and old alike. Swimming pools and huge water slides are just some of the attractions that you will find in these tourist hot spots. Indoor parks are also becoming increasingly popular, making year-round splash-filled floats an exciting reality. With nearly 2,000 aquatic fun centers around the world, there is plenty to choose from. Read on for details on some of the largest and most exciting water parks in the world.
1. The Sandcastle Aqua Park in Blackpool, Lancashire, England features the Master Blaster mega coaster, the world’s tallest indoor water roller coaster. Opened in 1986, this park is the largest indoor water experience in the UK.
2. Sunway Lagoon in Petaling, Gaya is the largest aquatic center in Malaysia. The Waters of Africa adventure simulates a journey into an African wilderness and is the park’s biggest attraction. This growing destination abounds with exhilarating water rides.
3. Las Cascadas is not only the largest water park in Puerto Rico, it is the largest water park in all of the Caribbean. This water park is owned by the city of Aguadilla and is in fact the only facility of its kind in the area.
4. Noah’s Ark Family Park Inc. The largest water park in the United States in operation for more than three decades, this bustling park spans more than 70 acres. It’s home to Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin is known as the “Water Park Capital of the World” due to the staggering number of 18 indoor water parks.
5. In Australia, Wet n’ Wild Water World claims the title of the largest aquatic center in that country. This wonderful garden features a 20-acre shaded subtropical garden.
6. World Aqua Park in Edmonton, Canada is an exciting water park located inside the Edmonton Mall. The chilly weather outside never spoils the mood for visitors to this indoor park, because World Water is always a comfortable 86°C. The world’s largest indoor wave pool is sure to keep guests coming back.
7. Tropical Islands, Germany is located in a gigantic former Zeppelin hangar that spans more than 710,000 square feet and is claimed to be the largest free-standing building in the world. The park’s indoor pool, opened in 2004, can accommodate up to 8,000 visitors. The facility is also home to an enormous man-made rainforest.
8. New Braunfels, Texas, US is home to the largest water park in Texas, Schlitterbahn Water Center Resort. This park features the world’s first surfing machine, over 3 miles of inner tube rides, and heaps of… water slides And the first ever uphill water ride.